Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship launched December 9, 2020
The main aim of the Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship is to give support to foreign students with Hungarian identity to pursue their studies in Hungarian higher education institutions. The Programme includes members of the Hungarian diaspora communities in every country in the world, except in the Member States of the European Union, the Republic of Serbia and the Zakarpatska Oblast part of Ukraine.
The Call for Applications of the Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship is announced for the first time by the end of 2020 in order to apply for admission to the 2021/2022 academic year.
The students may apply for bachelor, master, and doctorate trainings. Applicant is required to undertake to help the local Hungarian diaspora organisation and to help the preservation of Hungarian culture, language and identity in their home country with community work for two years after graduation.
The scholarship covers the tuition fees, the health insurance (social security card), and, if needed, the opportunity to participate in an intensive Hungarian language preparatory course.
Application for the Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship is open until 2021. January 24, the awarded students may begin their studies in the 2021/2022 academic year.
APPLICANTS SHOULD COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Applicant maintains his/her Hungarian identity, which he/she convincingly demonstrates in a motivation letter and declares in a statement that is a part of the application,
- Applicant is a citizen of one of the eligible countries (see Section 1.1) and has an address outside of Hungary,
- Applicant holds a recommendation from a Hungarian diaspora organisation or a Hungarian Diplomatic Representation of the respective country,
- Applicant has made a statement that he/she has lived minimum 10 years outside Hungary before the submission of his/her application.
- Applicant has completed the last 4 years of his/her secondary education in a foreign country (not Hungary). If in the applicant's country secondary education lasts less than 4 years, the last period of primary education will be considered, too.
- Applicant was born before 31 August 2003 (except those applying for Dance study programmes),
- Applicant undertakes to sign a scholarship agreement and learn Hungarian as a foreign language and culture during his/her whole study period. Applicant undertakes to pass a Hungarian as a foreign language exam at least at B2 level as well at the end of his/her studies but no later than within 1 year after obtaining the diploma. The obligation to pass a Hungarian as a foreign language exam does not apply for students taking part in short study programmes (1 or 2 semesters) or in partial studies.
- Applicant undertakes to do 2 years voluntary work after graduation in a foreign country in favour of the local Hungarian diaspora community.
Please note that in the case of non-Hungarian language study programmes, prior knowledge of the Hungarian language is not required.
The applicant must complete the admission requirements set by the host higher education institution. The admission process is managed by higher education institutions online.
The motivation letter will be evaluated by a professional body, the Evaluation Committee, composed of members invited by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The award of the scholarship is based on the results of the admission procedure and the proposal of the Evaluation Committee.
The detailed application criteria and selection procedure will be set out in the Call for Applications.
PROVISIONS COVERED BY THE SCHOLARSHIP:
The scholarship covers for:
- exemption from the payment of tuition fee,
- health insurance (social security card).
Provisions covered by the scholarship on request (conditions for this are set out in the Regulations):
- monthly stipend and contribution to accommodation costs.
- applicant can apply for up to two different study programmes,
- application must be submitted via online application system.
For further information please visit the website of the Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship.
INFORMATION LETTER For applicants interested in programs at Pázmány in Hungarian language
INFORMATION LETTER For applicants interested in English programs at Pázmány
PROGRAMS AVAILABLE at the Faculty of Information Technology and Bionics
PROGRAMS AVAILABLE at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
PROGRAMS AVAILABLE at the Faculty of Theology
Please send your questions to the email@example.com e-mail address.