SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT May 21, 2019
Applications due Monday, June 24th, 2019
The Institute of Armenian Studies at Pázmány Péter Catholic University (Budapest, Hungary) is thrilled to announce the availability of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation's Scholarship for Armenian Studies, for the third year in a row. The scholarship enables international students to accomplish the Department's 2-semester-long specialization in Armenian Studies between September 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020. After finishing the specialization, students will get a certificate of the specialization and of the ECTS after the completed MA courses.
The Institute of Armenian Studies is a quickly developing institute with many prosperous international connections (e.g. Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, GWZO Leipzig, UCLA Los Angeles, Haigazian University Lebanon, Armenian State Pedagogical University after Khachatur Abovian etc.). Also, numerous international lectures, conferences, exhibitions and field trips are organized by the Institute to improve the scientific life of its students and make them involved in the international scientific milieu.
The website of the Institute for further informations:
During these 2 semesters students will focus on modern Armenian history, culture and identity from the 18th century until the present. There is a special focus on the history, structure and identity of the Armenian communities in Eastern-Europe.
Why should you go to Budapest?
Pázmány Péter Catholic University is among the best institutions of higher learning in Hungary. It offers excellent education that could serve as a basis of future studies or a professional career. The University is situated at the heart of Budapest, an impulsive city of youth, with its many opportunities. Students can explore its historical sights, take part in one of the many festivals in the city, take a walk through one of its beautiful parks or meet friends in cafés or pubs. Being a student in Budapest is really a unique experience.
The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation's scholarship is designed to cover 2 semesters of the specialization (10 months) with a start date of September 1, 2019. The scholarship provides:
- Tuition fee for the 2 semesters of the specialization in Armenian Studies, taught in English.
- Free access to the Library of Pázmány Péter Catholic University.
- Scholarship that covers dormitory fee of students for 10 months.
- Scholarship that covers the living costs of students.
- In total, 5000 EUR for 10 months.
- Candidate must be a student of humanities or social sciences (students of History MA to be favoured).
- Candidate must have completed BA degree.
- Successful candidates will be chosen by a joint selection committee comprised of representatives from the Pázmány Péter Catholic University and the Armenian Communities Department of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of intent
- Certificate of previous studies (ECTS, averages of grades, etc.)
Applications need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until June 24, 2019. Applicants will be notified until July 1, 2019.