Introduction of the Programme
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students; currently approx. 90 sending partners are engaged in the programme.
Thousands of students from all around the world apply for higher educational studies in Hungary each year. In the academic year 2023/2024 more than 12000 students studies currently in Hungary in the framework of the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme.
The Programme is managed by Tempus Public Foundation.
For more information about the Programme, check the official website!
Available Scholarship Types
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for bachelor, master, one-tier master, doctoral and non-degree programmes (preparatory and specialisation courses). Both full time and part time study modes are available in case of bachelor, master, one-tier master and doctoral studies.
Provisions Covered by the Scholarship
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend:
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level (from 1st February 2019): monthly HUF 43 700 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- doctoral level (from Academic Year 2016/17): monthly HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 415) for 12 months a year for the first two years (time for study and research) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 535) for the next two years after the complex exam (time for research and dissertation).
- Accommodation: contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period.
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance.
Available programs in foreign languages at Pázmány Péter Catholic University
Central European Studies
Computer Science Engineering
English and American Studies
French Language, Literature and Culture
Italian Language, Literature and Culture
Deadline for application: 15 January 2024
What kind of documents do I need during the application? Here you can find a table about the most important information, but for more you can check the "Application Dos and Don'ts" or to check if everything is ready, please click here for the "Checklist".
|Online application form
|Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
|School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
|Transcript of Records and its translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
|Copy of Identification Document
|Acceptance of Statement for Application in the online system
For more information, click on the following links: