• Citizens of the following countries enter Hungary without visa: citizens of EU and EEA countries (European Economic Area). These citizens do not need a visa to enter Hungary however students from these countries must apply for a registration card in Hungary after getting registered at school within 93 days from the time of entry.

 Non-EEA citizens need to obtain a Residence Permit for the Purpose of Studies. Students coming from a visa waiver country are recommended to apply for the Residence Permit for the Purpose of Studies before arriving to Hungary (however the application can be done after entering Hungary as well).

• Students coming from a country that is under visa obligations need to apply for the Residence Permit for the Purpose of Studies and a residence permit visa (D-visa) in a permanent residence application before coming to Hungary. The residence permit visa (D-visa) allows you to enter to Hungary (only once!) and to stay in Hungary for 30 days. Within 30 days from the date of issue of the study visa you have to register personally at the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing (Országos Idegenrendészeti Főigazgatóság) where the visa will be changed for residence permit for the purpose of studies. To make the process smoother, it is highly recommended to fill in the application(s) before going to the Immigration and Asylum Office and make sure you bring all the necessary documents. More information can be found here.

For further information, please visit the below websites:
Consular Services
National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Faculty of Information Technology and Bionics
Faculty of Law and Political Sciences